Crepey Skin? Here's what you CAN do!
The Importance of Knowing How Your Skincare is Sourced
Your Skin Is Your Body's Largest Organ
The Sourcing of Skincare Ingredients
Natural ingredients in skin care products are sourced from plants, minerals, and other natural substances. Some common natural ingredients include aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, lavender, green tea, and different fruit extracts. In addition to vitamin content, antioxidants, and other beneficial compounds, these ingredients can nourish and protect the skin. For those with sensitive skin or those who are seeking a more environmentally friendly option, natural ingredients are often free of harsh chemicals and synthetic additives.
Synthetic ingredients are commonly used in skin care products for many different reasons. Developed in a laboratory, these ingredients are specifically designed to mimic the substances found in the skin. They can provide moisturization, UV protection, and anti-aging properties. With that being said, some synthetic ingredients may cause irritation or allergic reactions in some people. The long-term effects of synthetic ingredients on the skin and overall health are also being debated. If you plan to use products that contain synthetic ingredients, you should carefully read and research the ingredients beforehand.
The Role of Ingredients in Skincare
Understanding how each ingredient plays into your skincare products is incredibly important, not only because your skin is the largest organ on your body and you should want to know what’s being absorbed into it, but for several other reasons as well!
1. Skin Sensitivity and Allergies: Some ingredients may cause skin sensitivity or allergies. By knowing what's in your skincare, you can avoid products that contain substances your skin reacts negatively to. Some common skin irratants found in skincare are Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Propylene glycol, Formaldehyde releasers, Salicylic acid, Metals and Fragrance.
2 - Effectiveness: Different ingredients have different purposes for skin conditions. Knowing what ingredients address your specific skin concerns allows you to choose products that are tailored to your needs!
3 - Long-term Health: Some skincare ingredients have potential long-term health effects, such as exposure to harmful chemicals. Being aware of these risks helps you to make informed choices when it comes to your skincare. Believe it or not, you skincare is related to your overall health, and not just the health of your skin!
4 - The Impact on the Environment: Unfortunately, the beauty industry has a significant environmental footprint. The demand for exotic ingredients and excessive packaging contribute to waste and carbon emissions. Some of the worst ingredients for our planet that are commonly found in skincare are, Exfoliating Microbeads, Preservatives like BHA and BHT, Phthalates, Triclosan, Synthetic Fragrances, Silicones and Chemical Sunscreens, just to name a few.
By choosing skincare products with responsibly sourced ingredients and eco-friendly packaging, you can reduce your environmental impact! Here at RENU, this is an incredibly important topic. Most of the ingredients we use in our products are sourced from Brittish Columbia, which adheres to strict regulatory standards. We ensure our ingredients are responsibly sourced, and offer not only the option to ship our products without product boxes, but we use responsible packaging to ensure we aren't only taking great care of your skin, but the environment as well.
The Purity and Efficiency of Small Batch Products
Supporting Ethical Practices
Will You Be Keeping a Closer Eye on Your Skincare Products?
So, in the world of skincare, knowing where your products come from, how they're sourced, and what ingredients they contain is far more important and not just a personal preference. It's about taking responsibility for your skin's health, making informed choices, and contributing to a more sustainable and ethical beauty industry! Next time you reach for that skincare product, take a moment to research and consider its origins! Your skin and the planet will thank you for it. And, you deserve skincare that’s actually good for you!
Feel free follow us over on Instagram and Join our private Face Book Group at Demystifying Skincare, for more skincare tips and tricks, and check out our products here if you're on the search for skincare that isn't just good for you, but gentle on the environment, too!
The Importance of a Pre-Wedding Skincare Routine
Getting married is one of the most exciting days of your life. For most brides and grooms, there is nothing more important than looking their very best on their wedding day. While attire, wedding decorations, and the wedding venue play an important role, the canvas on which everything is showcased is your skin. The importance of a consistent skincare routine cannot be overstated. Taking care of your skin should be a priority all of the time, but especially during the months leading up to the big day to ensure you look and feel your very best. This blog will discuss the importance of having a proper skincare routine with quality ingredients prior to your wedding day. Additionally, it is about feeling confident and radiant on the inside!
Naturally Glowing Skin
Addressing Your Specific Skin Concerns is Key
There are many of us who have skin concerns we've been meaning to address for some time. A well-structured skincare routine can help minimize acne, scars, hyperpigmentation, and uneven texture over time. A smoother, more even complexion can be achieved by incorporating products containing ingredients such as vitamin C, retinol, and hyaluronic acid. In order to avoid irritation, you should start early, as some of these products require gradual introduction.
Boosting Your Confidence
Feeling confident and beautiful from the inside out is more important than your external appearance on your wedding day. With this being said, you can significantly increase your self-esteem by maintaining a healthy skincare routine. Improved skin leads to improved confidence. You can embrace your day when you know that you've taken care of your skin, and it shows.
In addition to covering blemishes, a good skincare routine with quality products can act as a solid foundation for your makeup application. In addition to allowing makeup to glide on seamlessly, smooth and well-hydrated skin also helps it last longer. When your skin is properly prepped, you'll be able to apply less makeup, which gives you a more natural and radiant appearance.
Skincare Steps Before Your Makeup Application:
1. Cleanse Your Face - Cleanse your face with a gentle Cleanser in a circular motion and rinse. Avoid using hot water as this can damage your skin and strip it of it's beneficial oils.
2. Exfoliate The Skin - Use a gentle and quality facial Exfoliant and gently exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week.
3. Apply a Toner - Spritze on a gentle Toner which will help shrink pores, balance skin PH, and prep your skin for the following applications.
4. Facial Oils/Facial Serums - Apply any facial Serums gently to your skin on a daily basis, before you moisturize.
5. Apply Eye Cream - If you're using an Eye Cream, gently apply the product nightly, using your ring finger around the eye area. Start at the inner corner underneath your eye, applying small dots in a semi-circle up to your brow bone.
6. Moisturize - Complete your pre-makeup skincare routine with a soothing Moisturizer to add hydration to the skin.
7. Nourish - Add a Facial Oil as the last step to lock in all the nourishment!
Better Skincare Means Easy Makeup Application, Which Equals Better Wedding Photos!
With a good skincare routine leading to better makeup application, you'll also have a fresh and healthy face for the best wedding photographs. Photographs taken at your wedding are sure to be treasured for a lifetime. It is important to have a good skincare routine in order to prepare your skin for its big moment. Skin that is smooth and hydrated looks much better in candid photos and captures the essence of your special day so much better. A few years down the road, you'll be grateful for the effort you put into your skin's appearance and the routine you started and kept to!
Pampering Yourself and Relieving Some Stress!
Wedding planning can be stressful, and stress can damage your skin. The establishment of a skincare routine can serve as a therapeutic form of self-care. You can relax and de-stress by cleansing, moisturizing, and pampering your skin each day and night. Or even taking the time to soak with all natural bath bombs or bath salts with essential oils, or even pampering your face with a relaxing gua sha set! Well-taken care of skin is a reflection of inner tranquility. You may feel like skincare just helps what on the outside, but it helps with more than just your outer appearance.
Long Lasting Benefits For Years to Come
You may still be wondering why you'll be putting in time each day and night for a skincare routine just for your wedding, but skincare routines are beneficial far beyond your wedding day. In order to maintain healthy, youthful-looking skin for years to come, you should establish good habits early on. The key to success is consistency, and you can reap long-term rewards if you start early.
In Need of Bridesmaids Gifts?
If you're looking for the perfect bridesmaid's gift, Renu Naturals has stylish gift bags and gift sets for the ideal bridesmaid gift! Introducing those closest to you to natural and quality skincare is easy with these gift bags! There's no better way to show your love and appreciation to your bridesmaids than the gift of quality skincare that's aesthetically beautiful, but also with clean, organic ingredients that’ll nourish their skin!
Ready to Tackle Your Wedding With a Naturally Glowing Face?
Your wedding day will be the biggest celebration of love, and being confident in your own skin will add more joy and ease during your special day. A consistent and intentional skincare routine is not just a pre-wedding must-do, but an investment in yourself! Make sure you set aside time to pamper and care for your skin during the planning of your special day. The glow that comes from a well-maintained skincare routine will not only make you look stunning in your wedding photographs, but also ensure the feeling of beauty from within. Step into your wedding day and planning with confidence and grace as you embark on this journey to glowing and healthy skin! Have questions or wondering what the best products are for your skin type? Reach out to us at Renu Naturals, we'd love to help you find the perfect products to start your skincare journey!
5 Easy Tips on Selling Renu Products in Your Boutique or Salons
1. You Aren't Pitching To Your Customers
2. Ease The Customers Hesitations and Risk Fear
Examples on Pitching The Value:
- “Renu’s Beauty Balm With Bakuchiol is made with a safe botanical alternative to Retinol that offers anti-aging benefits and improves skin firmness, tone and overall lifting to help promote healthy, hydrated skin! Do you want to try a sample?”
- “Renu has this Vitamin C Serum with Matrixyl that does wonders in helping build collagen to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and help reduce the look of age spots because of the Matrixyl and Vitamin C. It's a great product you will love using every day! Do you want to try a sample?”
- “We have these beautiful Renu products that only use high quality ingredients. Most of their products are made with powerful antioxidants and safe, organic ingredients that are sourced by nature!”
- “Renu Naturals has a simple and effective 4 step skincare line to simplify your skincare routine. Skincare routines don’t have to be overwhelming or complicated, and Renu products are packed with everything your skin needs, but with fewer steps!”
- “A simple 4 step routine means less time at night before bed, but still taking great care of your skin!”